We offer loads of activities for children with Down’s syndrome of all ages (and their siblings) so you’ll find plenty of ways to get involved. Follow these links to find out more about events and activities that are coming up:
- Join us at our monthly SATURDAY CLUB for fun, games and a get together over tea and biscuits – everyone welcome;
- Older children (11+) can come along to our OLDER GROUP to share fun and friendship with other kids with DS;
- We’ve got a special group called SUPER SIBS that is for the brothers and sisters of the children with DS to come together to have fun and form lasting friendships;
- We run a STAR SPEAKERS group offering specialist speech and language therapy to our children;
- From summer adventures to our annual theme park outing and our fantastic Christmas party, we organise TRIPS AND PARTIES for all group members throughout the year;
- Our annual FAMILY FUN DAY at Pontefract Park sees thousands of folks from across our region come together to celebrate World Down Syndrome Day each year – it’s a fantastic community event;
- Our wonderful BABY SENSORY group is really popular, bringing the young babies and their families together to enjoy a magical session each week;
- We have created our new LIBRARY at Saturday Club, with a range of books and DVDs to borrow and enjoy;
- The TRISTARS 21 GYMNASTICS is a British Gymnastics-accredited group run by Normanton Sports Acro. If you’ve got a budding primary school aged gymnast, they can have great fun working towards their official badges;
- Our TRISTARS 21 DANCE sessions at Dance House in Normanton are loads of fun, and working on all sorts of skills at the same time;
- The PONTEFRACT PIRATES football club is a fantastic club and we’d highly recommend any kids with DS and a love of football get involved.
We’re constantly adding new activities and events, and would love to hear new ideas from group members – so get in touch with Andrea on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a idea of a new activity for us to look into!